Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just One Song

If a song could ease this agony
Then what would its melody be?
If a phrase could clear this uncertainty
Then who would rid me of this melancholy?

If time could be reversed once again
But the question would be is when –
A troubled soul, a captive mind and a threatened heart
When would be the best time to start?

If I could sing one song
To whom should it belong?
If I could share one more phrase
To whose mind I hope it stays?

If a song could heal this pain
And bring my mind back its sane
If a touch could melt me away
Whose hand should I hold today?

If I could sleep for a hundred years
Till I ran out of these bitter tears
If a song could wake me from my torture
To whom should I share my awakened future?

If I could run forever
Where should I put my marker?
If a song could remind my happiness
To whom should I surrender my helplessness?

Sing me a song so pure and true
Even a song so old yet new
Bring me to forever's eternity
If there's only such a song for me...

No comments: